QA Storage Test Expert
As a QA Test Expert you will be responsible for writing and executing detailed test plans and test cases, developing test automation, test harness , test framework in python/perl for NAS, SAN , iSCSI , RAID and networking product (L2/L3 layers) in LINUX/Unix/ VMWare/ Windows environments. You will be part of a team that also analyzes and writes test standards and procedures; maintains documentation of results; and works closely with development engineers in resolution of problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creation and execution of test cases to assure products developed meet NGX Storage’s quality standards
- Participate in design reviews and drive recommendations for product quality and testability
- Ability to discover, diagnose and log potential defects in NGX’s enterprise software and related protocols
- Knowledge of various vendors storage platform technologies (SAN/NAS) including architecture, operational procedures
- Assist engineering with solutions strategy for meeting identified requirements
- Analyze and identify solution alternatives consisting of multiple technologies and from multiple manufacturers.
- Team with our partners where appropriate
- Analyze and identify solution alternatives consisting of multiple technologies and from multiple manufacturers
- Provide subject matter expertise for at least one area of product functionality
- Develop and present solution proposals in oral and written form. Proposals include detailed product contents
- Knowledge of both enterprise class and modular disk subsystems, including architecture, configuration options, disk management software products and data management software products. An understanding general disk array subsystem design concepts such as RAID
- Gathering test requirements for performance testing as well as qualification testing
- Responsible for ongoing recommendations and best practices, as applicable, for the following areas: Business Continuity, High Availability, Backup, Recovery and Archiving
- Storage connectivity for Linux, VMWare, Citrix, Solaris, and Windows – Configure/Support
- Troubleshooting issues using a working knowledge of Active Directory and Windows Operating Systems concepts including CIFS protocol, WINS/DNS name resolution and share/NTFS permissions.
- Configuration and administration of various storage devices and vendor
- It is expected that individual Storage Architect will develop in-depth knowledge in many of the above areas over time
- Participate in planning activities
- 5 or more years experience in a technical position, with Windows, Linux or Unix experience
- Good understanding of networking protocols (L2/L3 layers, TCP/IP, Routing/Switching etc)
- Fluency in understanding storage technologies (file systems, volume management, disk technologies, RAID, SAN, FC/SCSI/iSCSI, snapshots, etc.)
- Fluency in Perl, Python or Bourne/Bash
- 5 or more years experience working with storage hardware and SW technologies
- 5 or more years of QA experience in an enterprise environment
- Solid understanding of QA methodology and QA best practices
- Familiarity with Storage Area Network technologies and their practical applications in disk and tape solution design
- Experience administering and supporting Cloud and Virtualization platforms a plus
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Good command of English
- Demonstrated motivation and initiative and the ability to work independently as well as part of a high performance team
- Strong personal initiative and ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical problems
- Work with different software/hardware vendors to determine solutions
- No military service obligation for the male candidates
- No obstacle for traveling
NGX Storage delivers the unified all-flash arrays and tiered storage solutions for enterprises as a key enabler to build next generation data infrastructures. We are designed our products collaboratively with end users, cloud architects and big data experts to shape industry’s most demanding storage workloads.
NGX Storage is looking for people that are innovative, dedicated, self-motivated, as well as passionate team players who are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Come join us to build new data era with your precious ideas.
If you think you’re a fit, send a resume to hr [at] ngxstorage [dot] com and tell us why!